Xchyler Publishing sponsors three short story contests a year, with the winning entries to be included in a published anthology. Winners will receive royalties for their work. Judging will be conducted on anonymous works. Submissions for each contest will remain open for a one-month period.
We will judge entries on quality of writing, originality, creativity, inclusion of thematic elements, and compliance with submission requirements. Winners will be chosen based on writing scores, length, and compatibility with other selections in the final project. Writers must be willing to work with editorial staff to revise their work to meet XP standards.
CURRENT WRITING CONTEST:
From July 31, 2014, through August 31, 2014, Xchyler Publishing will be accepting submissions for our WINTER FANTASY ANTHOLOGY. The theme: Out of This World . . . True Story
- Submissions must be received from July 31 to August 31, 2014.
- Work must fall into the FANTASY genre.
- Word count 5,000 to 15,000.
- Stories received outside the submission window will not be considered. The X will announce winners on or about September 15, 2014.
- Short stories must follow the submission guidelines for full manuscripts, as found on our submissions page, with the following exceptions:
- Submit the entire work, rather than a segment.
- DO NOT include your name in either the MANUSCRIPT or SYNOPSIS document (.doc or .docx) to ensure the anonymous nature of the judging.
- DO NOT include your name in the file title; include only the title and either "manuscript" or "synopsis".
- Include all contact information in your email, including the title of your work.