Xchyler Publishing sponsors three short story contests a year, with the winning entries to be included in a published anthology. Winners will receive royalties for their work. Judging will be conducted on anonymous works. Submissions for each contest will remain open for a one-month period.
We will judge entries on quality of writing, originality, creativity, inclusion of thematic elements, and compliance with submission requirements. Winners will be chosen based on writing scores, length, and compatibility with other selections in the final project. Writers must be willing to work with editorial staff to revise their work to meet XP standards.
CURRENT WRITING CONTEST:
From March 31 through April 30, 2015, Xchyler Publishing will accept submissions for our AUTUMN PARANORMAL ANTHOLOGY. The theme: Losers Weepers
- Submissions must be received from March 31 through April 30, 2015.
- Work must fall into the PARANORMAL genre.
- Word count 5,000 to 10,000♦.
- Stories received outside the submission window will not be considered. The X will announce winners on or about May 15, 2015.
- Short stories must follow the submission guidelines for full manuscripts, as found on our submissions page, with the following exceptions:
- Submit the entire work, rather than a segment.
- DO NOT include your name in either the MANUSCRIPT or SYNOPSIS document (.doc or .docx) to ensure the anonymous nature of the judging.
- DO NOT include your name in the file title; include only the title and either "manuscript" or "synopsis".
- Include all contact information in your email/query letter only, including the title of your work.
♦ Please note the change in word count limit. No entries over 10,000 words will be accepted.